Thursday, April 05, 2007

Ah, a yarn shop

We went to Bennington, VT. While there we did a few of my favorite things...bought knee high smart wool socks, chatted up the locals (ok, Cy chatted up the local ladies), got beer, then went yarn shopping, book shopping and into a candy store.

You may think that beer then yarn store is bad, but kids with full bellies behave better in yarn shops.

We had lunch at Madison Brewing Company - 428 Main St., Bennington, VT 05201 Tel. 802-442-7397.

I had a seasonal red something, ale. Very light, bubbly and yum. The nice waitress gave the boys coloring books and crayons (you'd be surprised how many times that is forgotten) and was not all "you have a baby...in a bar."

Food was great, large veggie menu, and traditional and fancy pub style grub.


I have to say The Naked Sheep was awesome today. I picked up patterns to use up the yarn I have at home and accidentally picked up some Sea Silk by Hand Maiden. It's 70% silk and 30% seacell. Click the link and see what they say. I have seen it in magazines (damn you Interweave knits!) but never in person. Oh, and once I was introduced "hi, I am very pricey yarn, won't you buy me?" I was suckered in. But it's SWEET! It's all blue and green (limey) and brownie. I will float some photos soon. Plus, it's made from seaweed, which is practically a boat, which makes it akin to pirates, which makes me think of rum, which brings me sweet relief, so there, it's all very scientific.

The boys had fun, the beer was good, the yarn was sea worthy, the candy like heaven, and now we are getting more Capri's Pizza from Lake George. Yeah, Capri's, I wrote a review, click here to see what I said about them. I dream of the bianca. Well, that, shoes, yarn and saving the world, and Justin Timberlake...and that one guy who plays on the Pistons. I call him Handsome.

2 comments:

Carina said...

I'm so jealous of the Sea Silk. Can I see it when you get home?

Holly Bee said...

NO! It's mine, all mine!

Of course you can :)