Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Logan's Lame Steakhouse

If you feel like grabbing a quick bite o' food at Logan's Steak House in Portage, Michigan, you may want to reconsider.

The manager is Randy. Ha, his name is Randy. He is paying us with free appetizers to try and get us to return to his establishment. Why do places insist on handing out free food when the whole experience makes me want to get a baseball bat and destroy things? You really want me and a baseball bat eating free appetizers? Seems like a bad idea.

So, the In-Laws are in town. People are often hungry at dinner time, so we decided to grab a quick bit at Logan's. I wanted to try out the new steak place on Westnedge, but...

We went to Logan's, had no waiter, had a waiter who was too busy and we really weren't in his section, were offered free appetizers, got messed up free appetizers, no salads, no refills, no kid food. Also, there were 4-6 employees either rolling silverware or chatting up the table of girls celebrating a 21st bday. They weren't even cute girls, they were just mostly future drunk girls. Finally, when all the food arrived and people were eating, the manager came by to ask how it was.

I said "do you really want to know?" He said "yes", I told him and he argued with me. Eric told him to stop arguing, and I told the manager I didn't ever want to go back there again.

So the manager offered us 1/2 off our dinner. Which is weird. Then somehow it came up that Marshall is a college president from New York and had just moved here, and magically our dinners were free. I still don't want to go back, unless to teach a customer service course. On the whole, it was stupid. Oh, and it took 1.5 hours. I had 2 asleep kids by the end of it. Oh, and the added bonus of a grumpier than normal Ogre for a husband. Thanks.

1 comment:

Carina said...

I would have been livid! What was that manager thinking? Yeah, nasty attitude is soooo smart in that situation. Humph.