Friday, March 16, 2007

I know I have a problem, but it's just yarn

Will I end up having gone to two yarn shops in one week? Yes! Were both secretly planned to look like an accident, uh huh. Well, I am sort of ruining my whole "oh look, a yarn shop, I better check it out."

Here's the set up. My mother in law's birthday-HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACKIE!!!-is today. She informed me that she was not going to plan her own birthday celebration. Now, I have two things going for me, make that 3 when you count not having to make dinner,

1. Handweavers Inspiring Yarn Shop just moved to the Oakwood Plaza (really, they are at the back, park by Sawall's, face Sawall's, go right, go by Oakwood Bistro, keep going around the corner, there's a dog snack place, go left, find the love that is yarn.)

2. If you ask an Ogre where they want to eat in Kalamazoo, the answer is always Oakwood Bistro. It's weird, but true. They have creme brulee, and that my friends, is the Ogre species one weakness.

3. I don't have to cook/burn dinner.


Sadly, we are not meeting for dinner when Handweavers will be open. But Jackie knits, and she's moving to the area. What kind of person would I be to not let her know about the new location? It would be wrong, and mean. Remember, trying to be a nicer person this year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

youtakethegoodyoutakethebdyoutakethembothandthereyouhavethefactsflifethefactsoflife

Holly Bee said...

Cart, is that you?

Thanks for getting that stupid, stinking happy go lucky song stuck in my head.