Friday, March 30, 2007

Darn Yarn

So I knit, and knit, and never seem to finish anything. Is it a sign of weakness? No, it's that darn evil consumerism working at me again.

I have loads of yarn. I have yarn from my crochet days, which is of a certain quality that I don't want to associate myself with any longer. No, that's not even true. I love all my yarn, but again, I do love some of it more than others.

Like that Silky Wool by Elsebeth Lavold. I have enough for a sweater, but I almost don't want to use it. I don't want to stop loving it. Huh? Ask my stupid Sweet Mary Jane Cardigan. I love that pattern, I want that sweater, I am so full on sick of knitting that darn thing.

I actually did a guage swatch of a really nice wool hemp blend from D'Zined. I got it at TKGA '06. I bribed myself. "If I finish the Stupid Mary Jane, I can start this awesome vest from Jo Sharp's Saturday pattern book." Did I stick to what I said? No, I started a pair of Walking Away socks instead. But I didn't start a new sweater. Self control friends, self control.


Update on the cursed sock yarn. I gave it to Mart to give to Alice. He said he took the curse off of it, you know, with voodoo. She started knitting a pair of baby mittens, lost stitches and frogged it. Still cursed.

No comments: