Thursday, February 08, 2007

Well, there's always candlestick maker...

I went into Great Harvest Bread Co to get bread, and was offered a job. Yes, that's the kind of thing that happens to me when I stop the evil for two seconds. I was asking the owner about opening a franchise, and she was like "hey, give me a call, and we will talk."

My job offer was to be a baker, to get franchise ownership experience. Which is totally awesome, but I made a vow to myself once to never go hungry again. Wait, that wasn't me, that was Scarlet O'Hara in the war torn South. I vowed to never wake up at 4 am for a job. The baker has to be there at 4, so I figured, that was like a 1/2 hour deeper into the night than I every want to wake up. So, no Bread Store production, learn the ropes, make bread, open a franchise in Vermont for me.

So, baker out, butcher, eeewwwh, like I said, there's always candlestick maker.

8 comments:

dee's brother said...

Come on...you're a liberated woman...it is time for Ogre to get to stay home and knit! Start the job man....being at work by 4:00 am should not be a problem for you...because normally that is when you have just stopped drinking for the night!

Holly Bee said...

No, really, I am a grown up now!

Have been for some time. I just go on occasional benders :)

Carina said...

Wow. That's um, waaaaay too early. Waaaaaaaaaay too early. I cannot imagine having to get up that early for a job.

Well, now you know. Man, that's freakin' early.

carter said...

once i baked a pretzel in the shape of a weiner. i couldn't bring myself to eat it. i hid it under my bed, but it hummed through the night and made me dream about wild horses and car crashes. i threw it into the woods behind my house. it showed up on the front porch three days later. dishevled, reeking of racoon and musk.

Anonymous said...

I love you, you are my favorite kid. Carter is dumb.

Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Holly wrote that!!!! Not me.

The Real Mom

Mimi said...

My dear you make me smile. I googled Beribboned Eyelet sweater so I stopped by for a peek. I just finished my sweater. Mine turned out alot larger than I thought it would. Oh well babies grow.

Holly Bee said...

Big thanks to Mimi for stopping by the crazy and the knitting over here in Michigan!