Thursday, February 15, 2007

I could really use those snakes on a plane

Cy has wanted "cute white baby mice with red eyes" for several months now. For the last 3 weeks we've had a habitrail style mouse cage on our desk in the living room. The boys and I decided that today was the day, it's mouse day.

At Petco, we ran into Jamie from the Little Chick shoe store. I think his name tag said Manager, so-way to go Jamie, I hope they are paying you well. Aaaaaahhhhhhh, there is not enough money or bleach in the world for me to work at a pet store. It so creeps me out. Those places are filled with rodents and birds....eewwwww.

Anyway, I pushed throught the fear and asked Jamie to box up two cute white baby mice with red eyes. Cy and Owen laughed their fool heads off as Jamie nabbed the rodents and put them in a box. Eeeewwwwww.

So, mice, in a box, in a bag, IN MY CAR!!!

I may or may not have technically gotten a new car because the Mini van was suspected of being infested with mice. So when I placed the bag, with the box, with the mice in my car I did in fact yell "I HAVE MICE IN MY CAR, ON PURPOSE!!!!"

Yeah, the mice are now in their cage, along with the box they came home in. My plan was for them to chew up the box, thus destroying the evidence of my fear, before the Ogre got home. I can say that's not going to happen. I was proud of the mice though, they did manage to find their way out of a cardboard box. I hear this is quite a feat for some humans.

Also, Cyrus has named his "cute baby white mice with red eyes" Brooke and Lillian, after his girl friends. I hope their mothers don't mind.

No comments: