Wednesday, January 24, 2007

More on Moore, or Holly Bee on Moore, but that sounds bad

Well, well, well. Turns out, the Ogre was secretly reading Christopher Moore's You Suck. Honestly, I don't know how he read it without me knowing. I mean crazy laugh out loud funny?

Actually, it was crazy laugh out loud funny that finally betrayed his secret. He finished reading it, and did this weird snort laugh thing. What is so funny about Einstein? See, I thought he was reading some high brow science book, ah, no. He could hold in the giggles no longer.

We spent the next half hour going over our favorite parts, and how the Ogre is having a hard time not calling people the new names he learned in the book. We'll just say he's using 'ok, braintrust' as a nice stand in for what he is really thinking.

Turns out he is now sadly hooked on Christopher Moore and he wants to read Bloodsucking Fiends to kind of find out what the heck is up with the Emperor and what the deal is with the Animals.

So it will be weird bookcrossing wishfulfilment! I am going to rebuy the book, read it, let Eric read it, and then set it free. Then when I get the copy back from Carina, I will free that one too, and then spend the rest of my days reading about all the people who have giggle snorted beverages out their noses, discovered my Favorite author Christopher Moore, and learned the value of a free book.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you know I'm going to hunt it down when you release it, right?
turns out the young librarian at the Vix library loves him too. I knew she was cool.
love you!
kat

Holly Bee said...

Ahhh, that makes me so happy. I feel like I am the reason everyone in Michigan loves him.

When John Rollins bookstore was still open, I told all the employees they should totally read him, and wrote a review of how awesome his books are.

I have also been known to buy cheapskates their own copies of his works ;)

Anonymous said...

hehehe uhhuh.
Actually - that young librarian used to work at John Rollins (I think!)
So maybe you did get her hooked!
kat