Thursday, December 28, 2006

Mega Mitten Hand

I had a weird message on the answering machine last night. It was Kat saying that Jilly needed one giant mitten. Of course I had to find out what the heck that was all about.

Turns out Jill broke her wrist in a grudge match battle royale with her brother on the 25th. I forgot to ask who won.

So, being the sweetie that I am, I am making her a Mega Mitten. Wow, I am just full of stretching the truth this morning. I am making a mega mitten, I don't think I am much of a sweetie.

Since I worked on the scarf that ended up being for me, I failed to finish Jilly's scarf. Which is kind of fine, because I had this other yarn that I had picked out for her and then didn't use. Jilly's Mega Mitten is actually a drawstring bag, but I think it will cover those frozen fingers just swell.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww you are too sweet! :) She got her permanent cast put on today. It is dark blue so should look nice with just about any color you make the mega-mitten. She will be too excited.
love you!
Kat
ps ... the outerwear is coming in EXTREMELY usefull as she is not able to wear anything, including a coat, that has long sleeves!

Holly Bee said...

Wow, it's like I broke her wrist on purpose so I could make her wear her outerwear and knit her a mega mitten!

My evil plan is working...insert evil laugh here.

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for the mega mitten!
You're the best!
:)
Jilly

dee's brother said...

Please take note...I left this whole subject alone and did not interject any inappropriate comments! :)

Holly Bee said...

Mega Mitten, that's not funny! It's hilarious! Good job with self restraint Dee's Brother ;)