Friday, December 01, 2006

By the light of the silvery ice

Good Morning Friends! Tough luck to those of us in Michigan. It's raining ice. Yep, clunking down on our house. Sounds very similar to when a bird flys into the windshield.

Whenever it snows in the southern states we get footage of people driving off the road, because they aren't used to the wintery mix, and we laugh and say "oh, those fools, they can't even handle a little snow." I was just thinking some people are Canada are probably saying "lightweights, we have that crap weather all the time here. Wimps in Michigan with their Lake effect snow anyway."

Did I mention there is no school for the boys either? Home with the pigs...

It's going to be us gearing up for Disney. Ok, you got me. We are in fact going to sit around and watch Disney movies together. I am going to make them watch Sleeping Beauty too. It's my favorite.

I was supposed to meet my Mom at the mall to do some shopping. But it seems like such a waste to load up the kids, and then crash into the corn field a mile down the road from my cozy 65 degree house. Take that Consumers Energy! I may have just doomed my whole town to lose power...

Oh! I finished my Don't take Patterns from Strangers scarf. It totally worked too! I was a bit leary to drop those side stitches, so I quick knitted up a swatch. But the end result is so girly and fringy, I would highly recommend the pattern. One other thing. When you drop the end stitches, you kind of have to pull out the stitches on the sides to make the loopy fringe. But don't worry, it stops unraveling. As I over heard a knitting teacher say once
"it's just the magic of knitting." That's pretty dumb, it's because the middle 6 stitches are safely fastened off. Fool.

5 comments:

dee's brother said...

Come on you whimps...get out and get to work or where ever...I made it into work :)

Holly Bee said...

I am at work. I've got the three little pigs home today. You can't handle my work...go do some insuring.

dee's brother said...

I am feeling sympathy pains for the mid-west...I may have to take the rest of the day off and go to the beach.

Holly Bee said...

I hope you get sand in your heinie.

dee's brother said...

Better than driveway salt!