Sunday, November 26, 2006

Still too lazy for photos, but knitting like a fiend

So am I knitting like a fiend, or a bat outta hell? I think it would be difficult for a bat to escape hell with needles and yarn. I mean, wouldn't the clicking of his own needles throw off his sonar? Let's just go with knitting like a fiend, and call it good.

I have the spiral scarf done, and just to torture myself more, I decided to work on ANOTHER scarf. I am again making the Jo Sharp Misty Garden Scarf. I won 3rd place with that pattern, it seems like a good idea.

My next planned scarf is going to be donated to Home Grange #129's annual Swiss Steak Supper and Bazaar. It's all beefy swiss steak, and mashed potatoes downstairs and crazy cheap (price, not make) home made items for sale upstairs. If you are in the Battle Creek area, check it out

Home Grange #129
Somewhere out on B drive south (about 4 miles east of M66)
December 1st and 2nd. Dinner on the 1st from 4:30-7:00, with the Bazaar open at noon. December 2nd the Bazaar is open 11:00-3:00

The pattern for the scarf I am going to donate was actually given to me by a random lady wearing a cute scarf at Eddie Bauer. Yes, if you come into Eddie Bauer, and your scarf looks hand knitted, I'm gonna ask you about it.

Anyway, it was a long skinny scarf made from Lion Brand Boucle and was all loopy on the edges. I am going to check Lion Brand, and see if the pattern is posted there. If not, I'll tell you what she told me. It's super easy :)


Ok, me and my crappy bowling skills have to leave now. What, bowling? Yep, I am subbing for Jill, Miss 299 herself. Me, I am lucky to bowl over 100.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You averaged over 100!! Yahoo!
Thanks again Holly!!!
love love
kat

Larjmarj said...

It's good to donate!

Anonymous said...

I heard a rumor we won 3 out of 4 points at bowling! We can't do that when I'm there. :) I hope I'm not fired!

Thanks a ton Holly. I hope you had a good time - it HAD to have been better than sitting at the border for two hours like me!

Love,
Jill