Friday, November 10, 2006

Finally! Interweave Knits before Barnes and Noble!


Yippee, I got my Interweave Knits before it's available on newstands!

I actually got a preview of it Tuesday when I was at my mom's house. She was recovering from her liver biopsy, and the boys and I were kindly destroying her house. We didn't stay long. Just long enough for me to go "uh, your Interweave Knits is here! Maybe mine just got delivered!"

Carina also had hers by Tuesday of this week. She hid hers from me. It was only to be kind. She didn't want me to see hers and FLIP OUT, like I normally do. I think she has heard the paranoid rant "they just don't like me and they hold my magazine until the last available legal mailing time," a few too many times.

I have to say, this one is primo. There are several projects that involve steeks, and a big article describing how to do the said steeks. Nice, huh. They also talk about microRevolt, which "promotes knitting as a form of anti-sweatshop protest." You know I'm always looking for a new way to protest.

Also my fav, a cool article about Gutter Ganseys. It's about the girls in Scotland who would gut the herring and pack them in barrels, and the knitting that they did. Ok, doesn't sound as cool when I write it. Just go buy a copy of Interweave Knits. Oh, wait. It's not available to nonsubscriber until Novemeber 14th....heeheehee.

No comments: