Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Origin of the Species



The term Ogre is meant with love.

Eric, the Ogre, is about 6' 6", which automatically sets him in the freakishly tall category. Does he excel at sports? Go out for the basketball team? Are you kidding? He's the son of a vertical leap challenged Chemist. (That means he can't jump up) Did I also mention the Ogre is a Chemist?
He cooks, sews, does charity work and if it weren't for him being in Management, those activities might lead a person to believe he wasn't a souless beast.

But it's the huge bulking image that people see. They don't know about his lovely ability to bake a cheesecake. Cheesecake! So that's why it's so amusing to call him the Ogre. He's really a super nice guy, just tall. Ok, he does growl at strangers occasionally. But who doesn't?


As for the kids. Sadly, they are going to be huge. My shortness is just not winning out. They too are going to have unflattering nick names. Like Tiny, Bear, Baby Cyrus Bishop, Ogre, Yeti or Beast. So not my fault, just a witness.

5 comments:

sae said...

"As for the kids. Sadly, they are going to be huge."

I can see in the picture that you already have them on Yeti feed. :)

Locoshoat said...

The Ogre is truly a sweetheart at home. I've seen him in his lair, covered with giggling, squealing offspring. I believe he was teaching them how to attack and devour Shetland ponies...

sae said...

I'd watch myself if I was you Loco...I've hear-ed that Ogres don't take a liken ta be'in called a 'sweetheart'. :)

sae said...

Oh…crap! Not an English teacher…no…no…no! Why does your best buddy have to be an English teacher? Why not a truck driver, or a lumber jack, or a longshoreman? Or…anybody who doesn’t care about all those dots and slashes and stuff like that there. Oh…man! How intimidating…

Holly Bee said...

she ain't currently teachin nobody nuthin, I wouldn't worry about it.