Sunday, October 15, 2006

The Lonely Kidney Club

Well, I have three friends in the Lonely Kidney Club. My Dad was born with one kidney, it went bad, so my brother donated one of his to him. The most recent inductee to the Lonely Kidney Club is Carina! If you would like to join this club, find out more by visiting The National Kidney Foundation. They will hook you up with a donation buddy if you would like join the club via the noncancer route.

Harry and I went to visit Carina today. She seems to be doing well and is in good spirits. But the body is not made to have parts removed. Ok, the appendix is stupid. But she had that out earlier this year!

Eric suggested that I knit a "kidney cozy" to hold the cancerous beast. I don't know if she was sentimental enough to keep it. I've known people who have made necklaces out of kidney stones, but a kidney. Seems squishy.

No comments: