Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Interweave Knits Holiday Gifts



The Interweave Knits special edition Holiday Gifts magazine was available on newstands yesterday. Do I have my copy yet? NOOOOOO! Would you like to know why? Because I special ordered it from the actual Interweave Knits site.
Does it make sense? Does it make me happy? No, it does not.
Yes, I do subscribe to Interweave Knits, and no I did not get confused and think that I would get this special issue with my subscription. I saw this on the website...NOTE: Subscribers to Interweave Knits won't automatically receive this special issue. Order your copy today!
I did, I ordered my copy in August. Should I get special treatment? Should I get my magazine before newstands? I think so. I actually sent an email to Interweave about how heartbroken I was that I have a subscription but I see it at Barnes and Noble about a week before I get my copy. I had the nerve to ask "what's the use of having a subscription?" I got the smack down by the editor who informed me that I have access to all the special on line free patterns and articles.
That letter mostly made me afraid of Pam Allen, not happy with the subscription mail time. Although, I have not seen any of their magazines out at Barnes and Noble before the real release date.
Oh, photos. Yep, the one on the cute model on the top is not mine. That's the Jo Sharp Misty Garden scarf that inspired my scarf. Wow, weird, I got that pattern out of Pam Allen's Scarf Style book and here it is in the Interweave Knits Holiday Gifts magazine. Some of the other patterns have also been in other things. Like the crochet slippers by Doris Chan, I think those were in Knitscene.
With that, the rest of the magazine better be good. Actually, I am sure that it will be, Pam Allen does such a good job. Ok, she is so going to hunt me down and send me mean email again.
So with all the complaining, Interweave Knits is still really my favorite knitting magazine. I hate to say it, but it's really my favortie all around magazine. Yes, better than Entertainment Weekly.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Better than EW? Wow. That's saying something. ;-) Well, it's my fave, too, even better than Harper's Magazine, which is saying something about me, too. Maybe it's that I'm a horrible English major.
Carina

sae said...

“Oh, photos. Yep, the one on the cute model on the top is not mine.”

You don’t know if that girl is really cute or not until you see the rest of the picture.
Several years ago I was at an antique auction. Right after I got there, I noticed this girl in the crowd who was stunningly beautiful. She was built really nice and she was wearing really large sun glasses. I tried to act discrete, but when she came into sight throughout the day, I couldn’t take my eyes off her. That is, until she took her sunglasses off. Wow!
I had never considered how a persons eyes affect their appearance. In one second, she went from looking like Audrey Hepburn with sunglasses to looking really homely. I was literally shocked.

Sorry, I guess that ain’t got nutt-in ta do wit nitt-in.

I am happy to hear your best buddy English teacher lady is home and recovering from her surgery. Horrible English major maybe…but still intimidating! 

sae said...

Harper's Magazine! Hmmmmmm...Harper's, the New Yorker, the Atlantic...that says a lot about a person. That caldron on your shoulders must be simmering a lot of gray matter! Ordinary folks wouldn't understand the cover on those magazines. I tried to make that sound a little Halloweenish.

Holly Bee said...

Well, sorry Ken Jennings, since I am the smartest person in America, I have to some pretty smart friends.

Consider yourself lucky SAE.

Also, did you notice I took the Big Brother out of my blog? Actually, it's Big Sister, it's mostly for Carter. Yeah, I did read the book, burn in hell ex husband who couldn't read, but had a Blockbuster rental card.

Ok, done.