Friday, October 06, 2006

Good day to decide to be more laid back

On Eric's birthday I decided to turn over a new leaf and try to get less upset about things. Be more prepared when out with the kids, you know, snacks and spare clothes, less upset about things I can't change, and work harder to change things that need improved.

It's a good thing I mentally prepared myself. I smashed up the back end of my car. No one is hurt, except the car and maybe the garbage can. I broke the rear turn signal protective plastic. I figured, no big deal, looks like I need to turn in the part time job application.

We met Eric for bday lunch, that was fine. He wasn't happy about the car, but I thought "he just needs to realize how funny it is. He'll get over it."

Then I took the kids shopping. I didn't yell, or leave before I was done, so I call that growth.

Here's the real crap part. My best bud Carina has cancer on one of her kidneys. So she is having surgery next Friday.

But I know I can't change that, and me whining about it isn't going to change anything, soooo I am taking her a pizza. So, here's to the healing power of Erbelli's Pizza. I normally work with the healing power of cheese, but she don't do dairy. So a Spanikopita pizza it will be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your new car? Oh no! That's too bad. Still, now it just looks like a mom car. ;-)

I consider it serious growth if you didn't yell during an entire outing. I haven't been able to do that one yet. It's a goal.

Btw, I told Hubby that MIL has to be gone before I'm home from the hospital so that I don't have to deal with her. I think that's a good compromise--that way, she's here for him and I don't have to mess with any of it. ;-)

Thanks for the love,
Carina

Holly Bee said...

Good, I am glad you told him she had to be gone. How can you be expected to entertain company when you just had part of your freaking kidney removed.

My brother gave a kidney to my dad like 2 years ago, and I don't think he's had any company since. heehee