Monday, September 11, 2006

Stupid Barnes and Noble

So I went to Barnes and Noble on the off chance that they put the knit.1 magazine out early. When I worked at Record Town we had a rule, "When in doubt, don't put out." Gosh, that should just be a rule to live by! Anyway, they had the knit.1 mag out a day early.

Owen and I played at the train table for a bit, and then decided it was time to make our purchases and go. Unfortunately, the sales people at B&N had a different idea. They must have all decided to hide and let one girl work the register while like 7 people were in line to cash out. Owen also thought this would be a good time to throw a full on fit (which cracks me up.)

While Owen was in his full on fit mode, I decided this would be a great time to show my disgust for the stupidity of corporate America. So I threw down my magazine (even though I was next in line) picked up my kid, said "viva le revolution" and left.

I thought it was really funny. I think the other people in line probably thought I was crazy, but what are you gonna do about that?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so awesome. I would've picked up my kid and stayed in line just to have my magazine (it's such a pain to make another trip). You rock!
Carina

Holly Bee said...

Yeah, being crazy and shouting in public is really awesome. You should try it. The hardest part is keeping the giggles in when you shout something.

sae said...

I yearn for the 'good old days' before B&N ran John Rollins into the ground. Even though John Rollins was smaller, they always had what I was looking for and always had a competent and willing staff.