Friday, September 22, 2006

Ideas for you to try




I am currently selfishly working on my own knitting projects and not doing anything nice for charity. A few days ago I suggested some ideas for helping your fellow man in remembrance of 9/11. Although noble and good, some people took issue with these because of their dislike of brownies (true! no love for brownies) and blood donation.




So, here are some painless ideas...




Donate food to your local food bank-here in Kazoo Loaves and Fishes is awesome.


What too far of a drive, you never remember to drop stuff off, try this...

Meijer has a card that is not a credit card it's called a "Community Rewards" Card. You can get info on the whole program at Dictionary Project. Help 3rd graders spell.
Oooh, for crafty knitter crocheter types, help passively. Go to Nice Knits! A part of each pattern you buy goes to a predesignated charity.
Ok, done. Now I am going to go pat myself on the back and recycle something. Oh, that reminded me, I have a really good one for next week.




4 comments:

carter said...

poor people? eww. michigan needs engler back to put those people in thier place.

didn't you vote for engler, holly?

sae said...

carter said:
"...michigan needs engler back to put those people in thier place."

Oh...they're still where he put them. You can find them under overpasses along the highway, and under the bridges along the river.
In the winter there are a lot of them in the Library. Battle Creek actually built a rich people library South of town. That way, the Englerites don't have to rub shoulders with the homeless types at the Library. One positive thing about having these 'folks' on the street is they do pick up all the returnable bottles and cans along the roadways. That makes them kinda like entrepreneurs I think. Which in turn makes them kind of like Republicans. Ah...Adam Smith was right all along!

sae said...

Hey...what's the story with the fellow in the picture? That's Mr. Buddha I believe. One of the most insightful books I've ever read is "Thoughts Without a Thinker" Psychotherapy from a Buddhist Perspective. It really changed the way I don't think. I really do recommend it.

Holly Bee said...

Buddha is my friend. We hang out and shoot the breeze. I love him and Ghandi. Choose the middle path and be the change you wish to see in the world.

When I lived in my car, I totally hung out at the library, needed to use the bathroom...