Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Bend it like Beckham

Today the world will be introduced to the next big soccer star. Is he from the UK, or Argentina? No he's from right here in the States...the unstoppable kicking power of Owen!

I have come to realize that the other boys will probably not be playing professional sports, but there is still hope for Owen. We are going to put him into a rigorous training program, wake him up and have him run a mile, sleep with a soccer ball, and watch only European soccer.

Ok really, I signed him up for a Mom and Me sort of toddler soccer class. I hope there will be soccer hooligans, I love hooligans.

5 comments:

sae said...

Halo...salute...

I don’t like needles, soccer, knitting, or Blue Hawaii’s, and I didn’t stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. But…I am making a ‘mean’ batch of Cheese-potato-and corn chowder. And…and…I like politics! I feel the same about politics that Arnold Schwarzenegger feels about lifting weights. So…so…do more politics!

Holly Bee said...

You don't like Blue Hawaii's? How could a million sailors be wrong? Rum is good, fruit fights scurvy. Oh, I get it, you're one of those scurvy ridden americans.

sae said...

Huh? I was a sailor and I don't remember no 'Blue Hawaii's'. Jeez...they would have called that a 'girly' drink. Don't ya remember...for sailors it's 'Yo..ho..ho..and a 5th of rum!
I bet you ain't seen one sailor with a 'Blue Hawaii"! Mate!

Holly Bee said...

It's grog! It's bastardized grog. I really like a hearty brew best. I scout out brewpubs by smell alone. I have no shame in bringing 3 kids and an ogre into a brewpub at say 1030 am in Vermont and ordering a sampler, twice.

sae said...

Aye! I'm with ya on that! :)