Friday, September 08, 2006

Back to the Academy


Well it looks like I am going to have to incorporate picking up soda bottles for the refund money while bike riding to pay for preschool. Sounds melodramatic, but we had to get the new car, because the mini broke and I currently don't own a rickshaw to tote the family around in and public transit doesn't come out this way. It really doesn't, I called, emailed and generally harrassed the Kalamazoo Transit System. Well, I could call the Handy Van and pay $12 each way per person to take Cy into his elite preschool program three days a week. I can't do that math, but I think it's cheaper to own the Mazda.


So what am I getting at? Apparently Eric makes too much money, and I don't have enough crazy (ha) to qualify for the state sponsored preschool. This all goes back to Michigan having the crappiest education system. Free preschool for all!! Public transportation, free healthcare, walking trails and bike ways, parks and outdoor activities! Am I a communist, or a Canadian?

No comments: