Monday, August 28, 2006

I love my bike


This has nothing to do with kids, well it is how I escape from kids, it also has nothing to do with knitting, but it does end up with snot!

I have strict orders from my Dr to ride my bike! That's pretty cool. "Sorry family, Dr's orders, I have to ride my bike." I tried to get her to actually write me a prescription for bike riding, but she said no. The theory is clean living and exercise, two things I hate, will help me to have less migraines. So, I figure, what the heck, I can steer clear of ALL THE FOOD I LOVE :( But the exercise part is fun. I love my bike.

I have a Giant Cypress DX www.giantbicycle.com/us Mine is actually an '05 with mint green instead of the dark grey by the handle bars, it totally has front suspension too! Instead of being like an evil mountain bike, you sit straight up and down like the old banana seat bikes of our youth. Or like Kermit and Miss Piggy in the Muppet Movie, or was that the second Muppet Movie?

So I ride my bike around on 55 mile an hour roads where people actually go 70 trying not to get killed and looking like a total dork. But I'm fine with that, the dork part, not the getting killed part.
Earlier this year I had a plan to get a trailway established in the southern portion of Kalamazoo County. I even went to a Kalamazoo County Road Commission meeting in regards to the non-motorized plan for Kazoo County for the next 20 years. I was told that they weren't going to spend money just so "Suzy Homemaker and the kids could go for a Sunday bike ride." That's not a lie, that is a direct quote from the guy in charge of the meeting. A representative of MDOT also told me "you just need to hold a big ol' fundraiser." Did this break my spirit, did it cause me to stop trying? Well, maybe for a little bit, strength in numbers I say! I am going to rally the troops (neighbors) and start crashing meetings.

Now on to snot and clean living. After my bike ride Saturday, I mowed the lawn and then took a nap (clean living). Later that evening I started sneezing, and snot was everywhere, and I sound like Barry White, I have a cold. Or could it be allergies? Allergic to fresh air and exercise? Heeheehee, are doughnuts the prescription to that?

No comments: