Thursday, August 31, 2006

Dread Pirate Sam and Zombies


Ok, I already know I am a nerd, so, I will just continue. I preordered my copy of Interweave Crochet, www.interweavecrochet.com and it showed up yesterday (offical in store date September 12-haha!)

Everything in it is super cute, Carina and I are totally both in love with the Sapphire Stars Skirt, it's blue with these crazy huge snowflakes on the bottom. Very wearable with leggings.

But the coolest is this sweet pirate doll, Dread Pirate Sam. Yes, Sam, but we all know it's really Jack, Jack Sparrow baby! It's briefly mentioned by Sandi Wiseheart in the Hook into the Web section of the magazine. When you go to Interweave Crochet, you get more info. Which all leads to The PATTERN WILL BE AVAILABLE SEPTEMBER 12TH! Yes, I just yelled that to your computer ears.

Did I think of my three pirate obsessed kids when I saw this? Did I think of my Dad who has read all the Jack Aubrey-Dr Maturin-Master and Commander books?

NO, NO, NO! I thought of my dear, sweet, Johnny Depp loving Mother-in-Law!! So, I may have to make a crew of pirates this year for the holidays, but Jackie, you are first in line.

I may modify the pattern and make my dear, sweet, Zombie fearing Ogre, a nice reanimated corpse too.

1 comment:

Carina said...

Yes, I am sooo making that skirt!!! I want to make the pirate, too, but I want to make the Raggedy Ann I have the kit for first.

Oh, and don't worry about the walkie-talkie--he'll eventually realize it's missing, but I'll see you before then. ;-)

Your black skirt is really, really cute. I think you're going to love it.