Friday, January 25, 2013

Winter Activities

I've been doing some new things lately.  No, really totally normal things.  Like flossing my teeth, drinking water, and the even, exercising!  Sorry, even normal things aren't safe from being blogged about.

The flossing is fine.  Just time consuming.  You know, it's really cutting into my staying in bed and not flossing my teeth time.

As for the exercising, I'm trying to run.  As we all know, rule #1. cardio.  I've tried and it never seems to stick.  It's possible I was doing it wrong.



So instead of being part of a running group, I'm trying the Couch 2 5k app.  Which is cool.  I put in my headphones, run when I'm told to, walk when I'm told to and listen to my own sweet playlists.  So far, I've only had one problem with this.  I have to work on not yelling "THAT'S RIGHT, BITCHES!" when I've completed my work out.  I really think the lady on the treadmill next to me would appreciate that.

I've also gone skiing lately.  Sure, I've participated in skjoring before, but never actual skiing.  So, being 38 and totally out of shape, I decided to chaperone Pig 2's 5th grade ski trip. Here I learned that skiing is pretty fun, not falling is the best, and it sucks to be in the learn to ski class with 10 year olds.
I've also learned that it's poor form to dominate the bunny hills and then yell "Take that, BOOGER EATERS!"

I hope your 2013 is going just as smashingly as mine! At the rate I'm going, I'm bound to break something, or get arrested for swearing in front of minors.
 





1 comment:

Linda said...

Call me if you get arrested. I'll put up your bail :D