Sunday, March 04, 2012

Cheap Flights...have a price

On the plane to Florida, I expected no problems.  I had my distractions, and I was prepared to be a quiet good citizen.  As usually, things did not go as planned.

When a person travels alone, it's good etiquette to help a family stay together.  As a person who often travels as a family, I've abused the single traveler. So really, I try to give back when I can.

This time, giving back landed me sitting next to a 2 seat occupier, with a lap baby, a kid and a wife.   I pretended that my ipod was working.  During our lovely 2 hour flight I really got the whole sister wife experience.  I got to hold a baby, pick up the binkie and be called Lover, a lot.  All this while hearing about things exploding and what would be a good neck tattoo.

What did I learn from this experience?
 Cheap flights are not worth it.
AND...
My Family is pretty awesome.  I'd rather be trapped in a car with them for 24 hours, than on a cheap flight with another family.


Beer. It does go well with the crazy.

4 comments:

Linda said...

The ticket price doesn't matter, believe me.

Bec said...

Yikes!

Cheap Flights To Lagos said...

i think there are cheap flights which do not compromise with the quality of services.

iffatali said...

Travel at its truest is thus an ironic experience, and the best travelers…seem to be those able to hold two or three inconsistent ideas in their minds at the same time, or able to regard themselves as at once serious persons and clowns.
Flights to Windhoek
Cheap Flights to Windhoek