Thursday, February 02, 2012

It's like a 12 step distraction program

I've broken up with Stephanie Plum.  Cold turkey.  I had to stop.  I was beginning to think everyone was carrying a gun, and that my car may explode.

I've been trying to stay busy in an effort to keep from slinking back to girly detective adventures. 

 I've organized a helicopter training facility. 

Three Pigs, three radio control helicopters, and 15 minute at a time flying adventures.  These little choppers are amazing at inducing hysterical bouts of laughter.

Shopping is always a good distracting.



I thought, maybe, it was time to upgrade from slippers and leave the house once in awhile.

I was also tempted by this...

It's a Weasley Sweater!  Made by Tommy Hilfiger. It is possible that the H stands for Hilfiger, but that's stupid, we all know it's a Weasley Sweater. I've always wanted a Weasley sweater and thought the kids were all prats about not wanting to wear them, but I get it now.  That H is cool, but, I don't know if I can seriously wear that.

I passed on the sweater.  But I did manage to get this tiny new oven. 
It's small, because it's so mystical

Now I'm so distracted I can barely do anything but Pin things on Pinterest to match my oven and organize the kitchen!  Don't go there!  Resist! Resist!

Another technique I've been using to stay off the pulp fiction is that old standby knitting!  Yes, knitting can help.  Unless you do the whole audio book thing, or have the balance and agility to read and knit.  I don't have that ability, so it's cool. 





It's possible the knitting is going well, but the personal hygiene is suffering.  I know, I know, it also needs sleeves.  Don't fret!  I am avoiding doing dishes, so that sweater should have sleeves by tonight!

But really, I do need to stop by the library...

6 comments:

beth pulsipher said...

Know what you meant about Pinterest - I'm addicted too. Last night I found some great gardening ideas, plus some home renovation stuff, and then I got into knitting ...

The sweater is looking great. I have 1-1/2 sleeves to go, plus the collar, and I'm done!

Linda said...

Sweater is looking Awesome! And Pinterist is the Devil! OMG! I can't even turn on my computer when I get home cus I'll be pinning shit til 3am! The house looks like a bomb went off. Really need to clean before ELPH gets home from business:)

jeanna said...

i will not pintrest. i will not pintrest. i will not pintrest.

whew!!! i managed to avoid it one more day....someday, i will be drawn in. but today, i will clean another corner of my basement instead...i promise.

The Ogre said...

Pinterest sounds like a Stormcloak inn in Skyrim.

Bec said...

The sweater looks great on your self! Why did you drop Stephanie? What book did you in?

Anonymous said...

There's always Sue Grafton's Alphabet Mysteries with Kinsey Millhone to read...
Dad