Thursday, September 15, 2011

Kalamazoo People's Food Co-Op opened up at their new location on Harrison St earlier this year.  I knew it was close to where I work, but I couldn't quite wrap my mind around where it was.  Lucky for me, I checked out a map.  It's like four blocks away.

It was like finding Oz!  No, really.  There was a stray dog, a brick road, and I have exceptionally sassy taste in shoes.

They have local items-from produce, baked goods, soaps, and even...Clancy's Fancy! Plus they have a great salad bar, soups, and fresh made sandwiches. Check what was available today

    Hot Food

  • Coconut Masala
  • California Basmati Rice(V)(WF)
  • Yam Fries(V)(WF)
  • Yukon Potato Fries(V)(WF)
  • Breakfast Burritos(V)
  • Navy Bean Soup(V)(WF)
  • Sweet Split Pea Curry Soup
  • Sandwiches and Wraps

  • Tempeh Burgers
  • Tomato Cheese
  • Roasted Veggie Sandwich(V)
  • Almond Butter and Jelly(V)
  • Falafil Sandwich(V)
  • Wheat Free Falafil(V)(WF)
  • Avocado Delight(V)
  • Pest Avocado(V)
  • Pesto Delight Sandwich
  • Tempeh Ruebens
  • Tofurkey Delight(V)
  • Divine Cucumber
  • Egg Salad
  • Tuna Salad
-
I highly recommend the Avocado Delight.  If you were to say, bum a ride from me, you'd notice all the wrappers.  Not wrappers from McDonald's, but from wholesome made with love Avocado Delight sandwiches.  I'm serious, made with love.  It's right on the wrapper.

Since it's so close to work, has healthy lunch choices, and carries the soy milk I like, I became a member.  Today, after I picked up my Avocado Delight sandwich and was heading to my car an employee came running out of the building saying *"Hey Nice Person who is now a co-op member Owner and wears sensible yet sassy shoes! You dropped a dollar!"

Please also note, nicest, most honest employees ever.

*Maybe I shouldn't have made that a quote. 

3 comments:

Linda said...

re; the quote: She may not have said it but that doesn't make it false:)
Everytime I see the ad on FB for these
http://theswanx.com/Peace-Out.aspx
I think of you and then I think DAMN! They want HOW MUCH???? for those??? NFW!

Sandy said...

You know I lurve these shoes, so I don't know what that says about me. I promise not to stalk you at the People's Co-op. Other places? Well, all bets are off. (Look at me! I figured out how to use a blog reader and subscribe. Maybe someday I'll figure out The Twitter.)

Holly Bee said...

SANDY!! I'm so proud of you! Ah, the twitter is a glorious waste of time, and fun exchange of ideas!