Friday, April 01, 2011

Knitting in the Sand

We're heading to Florida again soon.  Last time I went alone and there was an ice storm.  I was out living it up,


and the Pigs, well, here's a portion of the email I got from the Ogre when the power was out.

School shut down today
Power out since one am
Frost on my pumpkin
The Ocean water was warmer than my house

Quote from Point Break:  "I'm so cold."  "That's because all of the blood is running out of your body.  You're going to be dead, soon."

Haha!!  Even the Ogre quotes from my beloved Point Break!

In the first photo I was knitting a green lump.  That green lump turned into a one armed sweater while in Florida.  Since it's for a soon to arrive Baby Church, I thought that finishing that second arm was really, the way to go.  I don't know how it's taken 2 months to knit one arm, but, I'm almost there.

 

I'd like to point out that Pk and Dan moved there, I'm not that partial to sunshine.  Plus, they have zombies year round down there.  I really don't like taking all these working vacations.

I know if I check behind my chair
Look! An Ogre in my chair!


I'll be sure to find some half finished project to work on.  But it's so much more fun to start than to finish.

5 comments:

WonderWhyGal said...

The sweater is adorable. Have a safe and fun trip to Florida and say hello to PK for me.

Holly Bee said...

Ah!! Thanks! We will be safe :) but still have adventure!

tracyb said...

Love baby Church's sweater! Will you be back from FL before he's scheduled to make his appearance?

Linda said...

Very cute sweater! Is that the yarn we bought when I was up there?

Holly Bee said...

YES!!! It's totally our yarn! :)