Thursday, March 24, 2011

La Z boy or I'll cut ya

I have a chair.  It's not much but it's my chair.  We got it when Pig 2 was a week old.  That makes it almost 9 years old.  It also makes it a place that me, Pig 1, Pig 2 and Pig 3 have spent a lot of time.

Like our oven, washer, dryer and dishwasher, it's now a piece of shit.  It's got springs sticking out the back, the fabric is worn through, and if you dare use the arm rests, you will be infected with whatever communicable disease the prior person sitting in the chair has due to needle stick.  Really, if you come over, make sure you've had a recent tetanus shot.

So, it's not much, but it's my chair.  So when you sit your ass in my chair, remember, it's called my chair for a reason...IT'S MY FREAKING CHAIR!   This implies that your ass should not be in my chair. 

Me and my chair, we've spent time.  Which brings me to another quote from the Swayze.  "If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love."
This is especially true if doing what I love is sitting in my freaking chair. 

Other enlightening quotes from the MUST NOT MISS film Point Break-

Surfing's the source man...It'll change your life,  swear to God.
I'm not gonna paddle my way to New Zealand!

Besides not sitting the funk in my chair, I suggest you watch Stand by Me...it'll change your life. 

No comments: