Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Pancakes and Fish Hats! You know you want it!

I just finished knitting the Fish Hat [Dead or Alive.]



Of course I went with dead!  See, it's cool because when you wear it, it looks like a zombie fish is eating your brains.  Oh, those crazy zombie fish!

It's from Knitty Winter 2008.  I know, I'm always late to jump on the knitting band wagon.  Honestly, I had tried making one of these before, but I was confused by the w & t.  That's wrap and turn, I know because I normally ignore patterns that have w & t in it.

This time though, I was knitting for the Cub Scouts Silent Auction and I really wanted to make something fun and awesome that kids would whine for their parents to bid on. So I sucked up my pride, and check out how to w & t on youtube.

Now, if you'd like a delightful pancake breakfast, served up by Cub Scouts AND a chance to bid on this great hat...Come on out to the

Cub Scout Pack 251
invites you to our Third Annual...
Pancake Breakfast
a fund raising event to benefit Cub Scout Pack 251 activities
Sunday, February 13th
at Vicksburg United Methodist Churchk
8 am to 1 pm
Tickets available from Pack 251 Cub Scouts
Adults $5.00  Youth(5-10): $3.00
Kids under 5: FREE  “Family Pass” Tickets: $15.00
Serving Pancakes, Sausage, Coffee, Juice & Milk
Silent Auction featuring Great Items from local businesses

2 comments:

Linda P said...

LOVE THAT HAT!!!! I'm going to have to learn to w & t so I can make a dead fish hat:D

Kat Bishop said...

love the hat!