Monday, February 07, 2011

Chili, it brings out the Zombies

Saturday, was the Vicksburg...

Ice Festival and Chili Cook-off


This event has also been referred to as the "People in Vicksburg are standing WAAAY too close to guys with chainsaws.  Oh, and they are standing in the middle of the road" annual event*.

Of course we were there!

Pig 1 was totally representing his Scout Pride.  Or duty to the scouts.  I'm new to this whole boy scout thing, but I'm pretty positive he wasn't being reverent.

Pig 2 was enjoying the cocoa, while Pig 3 was hanging out in front of the Village Hideaway.



I love the Hideaway.  It's so not hidden, and it's on the main drag.  Ah, the Hideaway.

Back to the event-why are there no photos of me?  I had just raided a zombie nest behind Apple Knockers, our local ice cream joint.  I was a horrible mess of chili, zombie parts, and well, a chocolate malted.  Yes, even covered in parts and bits I still had to have a malted.  They're that good.

Oh, yeah, they also serve chili. So with that, did I talk you into visiting the Chili cook off next year?
*Actually Vicksburg has at least 2 annual "standing in the middle of the road" events.  But, this has the distinction of being the winter one.

No comments: