Thursday, January 13, 2011

Official!

Today I gave my first real massage.  Oh, sure, the other massages I gave were in fact "real."  Today was real, real because it was with a previously unknown to me client.  Hurrah!  Hurrah!  I feel all official now, I've massaged the general public!

The general public, only if the general public is pregnant!  Yep, our clinic was for Pregnant Mommas-side lying pregnancy massage!  Really, if you are pregnant or planning on becoming pregnant look into your local massage school about signing up for a free massage.  Here in the Kalamazoo area, help us, help you, help us*, by checking out the Massage Institute at Kalamazoo Center for the Healing Arts.

It went really well.  I enjoyed giving the massage and I had a good time working with my client.  Asa true Zombie Prom Date knitter I was all "OMG!  I should have totally made her a baby sweater!!"

But I do believe that would have been considered a boundary crossing.

7 comments:

atyourBecandcall said...

You ROCK! Really, your wanting to knit a sweater for your client's baby reminds me, reinforces why I and others are drawn to your kind heart. Through your massage, you are transporting that goodness to others.

Wonder Why Gal said...

I love it! I would have loved a massage plus a sweater for my baby back when I was pregnant. You are going to be an amazing massage therapist.

BTW, I had tons of pregnancy massages back in the day. It was amazing how the baby reacted to the massage. Sister Bear, especially, would get super active as my body relaxed and my massage therapist and I had so much fun watch my belly go crazy with Sister Bear's enjoyment.

Congrats!

Dad said...

What Bec said! Way to go, Holl!

Linda P said...

Exactly what Bec said!!! Hands on healing! What better way to spread/share the AWESOME that is Holly!!!!

Kat Bishop said...

Yahoo!!!! Good for you!

knitwithsnot said...

Thank you all so much for your kind words! I love you!!

Christina said...

OMG - CONGRATS! Yippy that just rocks. I hope you enjoy every minute of it.