Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Key to Awesome

KellyJ of KellyJKnits, developed a very cute hat pattern this fall called All Keyed Up.

 

After the hat pattern, there was the glove pattern.

Now, I'm not much of a hat pattern person, but so many people were making this hat and every single one was turning out like a work of art.  I wanted in on the fun and easy!  But, alas, I decided I was too busy to worry about trying to make holiday hats for people.  Too busy eating shrimp.

Finally, Kelly J came out with a cowl pattern.  Ah, the lovely Key to Warmth.  Now with this one, I had it in my on line check out cart-click here for on line shopping of The Key to Awesome collection.

But then I thought, "Gee, I could just go to Your Local Yarn Shop, say hey to the Ladies, have a nice afternoon, and pick up the pattern then."

Uh, I haven't really gotten around to that.  So, on Christmas Eve, the WonderWhyGal had  a blog contest with my new found love pattern as the prize!!  I knew I would get the luck of the draw!  I just knew it!

Ok, that didn't pan out for me either.

Little did I know...the WonderWhyGal already got the pattern for me as a gift, along with some other lovelies! It was like a dream come true!  Or at least closure.

Now, to knit it!  The extra cool part-it takes approximately 100 yards of a "contrast" color.  Gee, my spinning is all about 100 yards of contrast!!  Perfect!!

 

 

3 comments:

Dawn said...

I can't wait to see it! Guess I'm going to have to either pop online or trek over to the shop and get in on the awesome myself. I'm such a crowd follower. LOL!

knitwithsnot said...

It's so cute. Plus, I'm in the cowl mode!

Linda P said...

Oooo! I might have to try that one!