Monday, September 27, 2010

Weekend of Fun, wait, Wonder!

The weekend was amazing!  I spent both days at the Wonder Why Alpaca Farm.  I wrangled Alpacas, hung out with friends, met new friends, saw a friend from a really long time ago and started many a chicken riot.



I know you want to know about the chicken riot.  In the shark world it would be a Feeding Frenzy.  On the farm, raisin bagels are as good as blood.



Or possibly you want to know how I tricked everyone into smooshing up plastic bags.  It's a quick project where a person takes roving (fluff) and felts it (shrinks a sweater) into a ball.  I could not get a ball.

Pig 1 chose not to...He made a shell cover for his turtle.





Big Smith was doing weaving demos.  We had people spinning.



Chickenlady was showing off her first niddy noddy of handspun yarn!

Of course the super cute and awesome animals were out for people to see and learn about. But I'm leaving that for the Wonder Why Gal to talk about!

2 comments:

Wonder Why Gal said...

Thank you for being the best "farm manager" I could ever wish for. You are a great friend and I truly appreciate all of the hard work you put into my farm visit days.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Knitamazoo said...

Wow! Looks like I need to stop stuffing my face. Yikes! It was a great time though and I can't wait to do it again!