Wednesday, September 29, 2010

New Beginnings, Not New Directions

New Beginnings started yesterday.  New beginnings, not New Directions.  Although, I have been known to bust out into dance and song.  When I say "have been known" I actually mean I do that, every-single-day.

Enough about my dreams for being on Glee.  What started yesterday was my Massage Therapist Training at the Institute for Massage Education at Kalamazoo Center for the Healing Arts.  As is traditionally done, I had my first day of school photo taken.

Yes, pitch dark out and raining but the Ogre got my photo.  It was sort of creepy.  We saw what looked to be a zombie arm pulling it's self along the street.  After the photo, we had to do a bit of, uh, stomping.

I did manage to get some knitting done at school. I really like the Hurricane Hat by Sunshine Knits-Andrea Gautier.

Here's my version of the hat, in some random Noro yarn.

[caption id="attachment_3938" align="alignleft" width="112" caption="I just thought this was funny"][/caption]

So, back to school.

I had a class called Health and Wellness in the morning.  I got a bloody nose.  Which, is better than peeing my pants, so I consider that a pretty good start.  We talked about the benefits of drinking water, and had an amusing demo.  Again, no pants peeing, this was a different demo.

In the afternoon we switched over to Basic Massage.  After getting the first day info out of the way, we worked on Reflexology and did foot massages.  I told Sarah I could currently give her an $8000 foot rub.

I have some homework to do which includes journaling, drinking water, practicing my moves (hola Pigs! Can I rub your feet?) and picking out my 3 favorite herbs.  No, not that kind.

3 comments:

ElIzabeth said...

This is so exciting! I'm happy for you, Holly.

Knitamazoo said...

Sounds like you had a great first day of school despite a nose bleed. Girl, you can practice on my feet any day. Especially after we break out in song & dance a la Glee!

Jessica said...

Yay! Sounds so exciting!!!