Wednesday, September 22, 2010

More than you wanted to know...

You may have already heard the squeal of joyous delight, but...yesterday was an awesome day.

While I have 3 kids, I never considered myself a true stay at home mom.  Mostly because we were never at home.  In between Pigs, I'd get a job here, or there and then back to here.  Sometimes, for fun, I'd work as seasonal help at the mall.

But, the last 2 years, I have been at home, with the Pigs.  So, I threw myself into volunteering.  I say threw, because some of it I really didn't want to do, but I did it.

Now, remember dearest, most awesome friends, I am not talking about you. I enjoyed every moment hanging out together.  I'm talking about the brain numbing boredom of being at home for 2 years.  As it turns out, I kept feeding the family either raw chicken, or burned slop.  I'm not very good at the at home part.

Light at the end of the tunnel!  All Pigs in school this year!!  I looked into transferring to Western Michigan University.  Nothing seemed like a good fit, or what I want to be when I grow up.  What's that?  What do I want to be when I grow up?  Happy.

So I signed up for massage school.  Good fit, flexible hours after graduation, options galore! But to pay back the money I borrowed, I needed a job. (I swear, this is leading down the road to "yesterday was an awesome day.")

Yesterday was my Stud Suc Workshop at school.  Yeah, I was a little surprised by the name of that one too.  It was actually Student Success Workshop.  Wow, support from the get go!  They want me to be happy!  Plus, I met a slew of great people, refound  a fellow knitter (hey Theresa!) and, and, it was totally amazing!

Then, I got a call from Forensic Fluids.  Turns out, they want me, they really want me!

Let's start with,I love reading the business section of the Kalamazoo Gazette.  There, I said it.  I like to watch up and coming companies, keep an eye on our local goings on, and if you need a job, I want to help you get one!

I'd heard about Forensic Fluids several times through the paper.  When they ran an article on what a great new company they are this last time, I said "I WANT TO GO TO THERE!"

Even though they didn't think they wanted an MLT (2 yr degree) I sent my resume anyway.  I decided they needed me, and I would prove it to them.

Turns out, it worked.  It was that whole Dare, Risk, Dream thing again!

I will be working M, W, F, from 8am-2pm.  I am going to be a lab tech, doing lab tech things.  But the difference here is, the STAFF.  I am so excited to work with these people!

Then on T and Th I will be at Massage School.

Yes, I will be busy, and I can't wait!!

Added bonus: The Ogre and I drove past my new place of employment and school last night.  There appears to be much zombie activity in both places.  I really am going to be busy.

6 comments:

Christina said...

Sounds crazy busy and fantastic. Like a dream come true! I'm so happy for you.

Tracyb said...

So happy for you! I like that you got a job just from sending in your resume! You rock.

Wonder Why Gal said...

Dare
Risk
Dream

Congrats, my Awesome Friend!

Linda said...

This is crazy awesome! I am so excited for you! Fluids & Zombies, cool!

Kate (KnitsInClass) said...

Congratulations on your new ventures! Have fun!

Bonnie said...

Congratulations. I checked out the site on your blog and it looks like a great place to work. I wish we did drug screens that way. The agency I work for (alcohol and drug counseling) still use UA samples. Enjoy your new and busier life. Love the Dare, Risk, Dream. Bonnie in Iowa