Tuesday, September 07, 2010

It's so homey around here

You may remember this...



It's Amish Friendship Bread starter, also known as Zombie Friendship Bread.  You know, Zombie because it's sort of alive on your counter and may make you turn into an insane brain eating hunchback if you let it rot too long. At our house, we call it Mike.  He's a part of our family.



With all that finishing of knitting I've done lately, I had to start something new!  Actually, it was a started Tuscany Shawl, and it's now a Citron Shawl. Does that make it an old or new project.  It may not be a new project due to a technicality.   Either way, I get to use my Zauberball or Crazy Sock Yarn Pretty-Pretty.  You can call it either, we'll all know what you're talking about. Now I have knitting problem.  You see, I got a set of these needles for $1.99. Yes, crazy large knitting needles.  The first set I gave to my buddy Kai.  At that point, I thought my need to use giant zombie slaying needles was over.  But no!  Spinsanity was sweet enough to score me another set. Now I feel the need, the need for speed.  Ok, the need to use giant baseball bat knitting needles.  You know, because all the cool kids are doing it.

3 comments:

atyourBecandcall said...

LOVE how your repo Citron is turning out.

Christina said...

The shawl has such amazing colors. WOW

Elizabeth said...

New pattern, new project. I've only seen rainbow Zauberball and I think your colorway is way better. Can't wait to get my Zombie Friendship Bread!