Friday, September 03, 2010

Fiber Arts Friday...and Zombie Slaying

I finished knitting the Clapotis, and even wove in all the ends.

Ok, technically, I did miss one. I don't plan on taking care of it either.  It's my creative signature.

I've also been working on what I deem to be a ridiculous bit of knitting...the white baby blanket.

I think all baby items should actually be yellow.  Oh, I think you know what yellow I mean.  Barf/poo hiding mustard yellow.  But, I can not resist the power of alpaca.  Soft, fluffy and oh, so cute.

                                          Alpaca in preyarn form-Courtesy of the Wonder Why Alpaca Farm

I've been working on some spinning too.  But the Pigs have a class for Extreme Zombie Slayers this week, and I haven't been able to work on it very often
Course Description-When slaying zombies, do you often find yourself in sticky situations?  Don't become a statistic!  Improve your jumps, climbs and stealth get aways in this unique Extreme Zombie Slayers Class.  Snack provided.

Climb Kalamazoo is really working on eliminating the zombie problem.  Or, you could think of it as really improving your chances of zombie apocalypse survival.

The small amount of spinning...


Now that I've finished the Clapotis, and I have only 3-4 works in progress, I'm thinking I need to start a new project.

This was part of Fiber Arts Friday! Join in the fun and add your blog, or just read about other great Fiber Artists' Adventures!!

2 comments:

Ellen said...

Love your Clapotis. I'm probably one of the few knitters on the planet who hasn't made one yet. I actually have the yarn for it, but have promised to plow through some UFO's before starting anything new.

Inspiration Fibers said...

I love your baby blanket. But it is kinda ridiculous to knit with white for a baby. As a mom of a 10-month-old, may I also suggest pea green, and I-didn't-realize-there-was-spit-up-there-and-now-it's-dingy-forever cream?