Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Hands-Won't be Covered

I've been knitting just a garter stitch mindless bit of scarf.  If you come across me knitting this, please don't offer to "challenge me" by insisting that I do your wonderful pattern.  I know what I'm doing.  I'm keeping my hands busy so I don't punch you.

Speaking of hands, I'm supposed to be working on a beautiful pair of cabled mitts modeled after the infamous pair Bella wore in the movie Twilight.  I'm doing it as part of a knit-a-long. 

Photo totally swiped from the movie Twilight
It's not going so well.  I'm thinking bright yellow is not a good match for vampire and werewolf enticing mittens.
I swear, I have more done, but I think I'm done

I mean really, I'm supposed to be a famed zombie slayer.  The last thing I want should be to attract more trouble in the form of love lorn vampires and werewolves.  Especially since  my last run in with werewolves was not pretty.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Garter stitch is one of my most favorite stitches to knit (flat. in the round is annoying). I like that yellow for Bella's mittens.

ColorSlut said...

You should totally get your bella mitten butt in gear girl :)

WonderWhyGal said...

I agree with Elizabeth...zombies and werewolves will be frightened by the beautiful yellow plus I was told at Fiber Fest if you don't like the color you can always over dye it once completed.

I love the mittens...now to learn how to cable.

Kate (KnitsInClass) said...

I say keep both projects going - It's always good to have alternatives.
Besides, I think you will like Bella's mittens - I made a pair last winter, and think I'm going to make another. Once I did one mitten, the pattern made more sense.