Friday, June 04, 2010

It's very L7

I'm knitting squares...still.

Cotton, alpaca/merino, more cotton

The blue is made of "I'm Allergic to Wool" Cotton by Farmhouse Yarns  The brown one is hand spun alpaca merino, and is also a giant square.  The smallest is random lily cotton and is actual wash cloth size. 

Sure, I say I'm knitting squares, and in theory, they should be.  But let's be serious, I don't think I can walk in a straight line, and I have yet to make a square square.  Again with the lack of attention thing. 

 I know what you're thinking "Grandma's Favorite Wash Cloth pattern has never steered me wrong."  Well, my Grandma was awesome and had stuff like this hanging around from her Grandma. 


Yes, I know it's ruddy crochet

A bit of a quirk seems to run in the family.

Here's my latest in my attempt to cover the world in rounded squares.

Another messed up square?

This is actually supposed to be a heart.  I mean sure, it's a little wonky because I made it, but the kicker is...The pattern is based on my beloved Granny's Favorite Washcloth!  Good job to Micki Winskow for making this cutie pattern!

Next up...Granny Squares?  It seems like a natural progression.  Plus, the Ogre likes me filling the house with squares rather than filling it with shoes.

This was part of Fiber Arts Friday.  Post your own, and read about other people's adventures in Fiber.  Check it out!

8 comments:

AllyB said...

Hey Holly! I love the chickens.

Kathryn Ray said...

Grannys are great!

and I love your wonky squares. :-)

Dutch Hollow said...

Lol, thanks for the laugh. Love the square heart?

WonderWhyGal said...

You're knitting is so much fun! Love the squares and the heart.

Allison said...

One thing is for sure, you are not square! Love your post.

Linda said...

Wonky squares made with Love!

Hellchick said...

This is why knitters invented blocking. Blocking takes all those little unsymmetric edges and makes it the shape you intended. ;)

jessecreations said...

I like your wonky squares, personally. :)

Jess