Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Adventure? Always and Often + FatCat Crochet

This would be so much easier if it was Wordless Wednesday, then I could just post a bunch of photos and let you develop your own sorted story.

FatCatCrochet

Yes real axe murderers, all the fun is happening in the 'Burg
 came to visit last week to help out with the Wonder Why Alpaca Farm Shearing event.  I call it an event, because, well, it takes a pavillion and a stripper pole to shear an alpaca.  Plus food, loads and loads of food.  But let's not get ahead of ourselves.

KWAK and I road to Detroit Metro to pick up Linda at the airport.  Although I was expecting Kid Rock to serenade her at the deplanning,


he was a no show.
Even without Kid Rock, things were fun.


After Tim Horton's it was straight to theWonder Why Alpaca farm.  There we learned about the cute, fluffy awesomeness of alpaca.

Where's the Buccaneers? On either side of your Buccan Head


  Plus chickens.  Oh, and a little wine.


The next day, we were ready for work.  No, not alpaca shearing work, getting the farm ready for The Alpaca Barbers and guests at the farm.

ChickenLady and FatCat hard at work.  What was I doing?  Taking photos.  Important job.

FatCat didn't realize that her duties would include, alpaca watering, poop scooping, frig moving and snake wrangling. 

But she also got to meet up with many of the ZPDK that day, so I think it was worth it.
The glad to meet you, hope you're not an axe murderer pose

What have I been knitting through all of this excitement?  I put down the heirloom quality white alpaca baby blanket and took up knitting squares.  Yes, lot's and lot's of squares.  They will be known as "Baby Blankets." But you and I will always know they are just knitted squares, made to keep  me out of trouble while FatCat was visiting.

3 comments:

Linda said...

(sniff) I miss y'all! Those knitted squares/baby blankets did the trick. Didn't have to use my bail money! LOL!

WonderWhyGal said...

You always bring the awesome to the tale...good job!

Holly Bee said...

Thank you ladies!! A good time was had by all! No shallow graves, and no bail money used!!