Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Knitting for Babies=stupid

I don't know if it's the counting, the paying attention, or the fact that the stitch markers always seem to be in the way, but Elizabeth Zimmermann's Baby Surprise Jacket always kicks my ass.


Sure, it's a super easy knit, just follow the instructions. This time I even have line by line instructions written out by a friend. Also, I've knit this before. I have proof.
Unfortunately, I also have proof that I had a problem knitting this before. It's also documentation of the begining of my love affair with rum.
What have I learned from this venture into my blogging and knitting past? I'm not getting any better at knitting, and rum is good.

5 comments:

Linda said...

It's the reading and comprehending of instructions that kicks my ass everytime.

Kate (KnitsInClass) said...

EZ's instructions always scare me a little bit. Congrats on getting past the fear!

Carina said...

It's a weird pattern, that's for sure. I'm starting to wonder about it.

Allison said...

Despite it all, you did it!

Susie said...

I'm with you. That sweater kicks my ass and rum is good.