Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Crap. No, really.

Sure, sure, it will fit someone. It will be fine. Just keep knitting! You can finish this!
These were all things I said to myself about the Panda Silk DK Fan shawl.

Well, let's just say I did finish it, and the it in question is a doo rag, and was supposed to be a doo rag. A very fancy, time consuming doo rag.

Now I'm working on the Emily Shawl from Knitscene blah, blah, just bought yesterday. I hope it too doesn't turn out tiny. For the record, I have heard of a gauge swatch. Heard of.

7 comments:

Chelsea the Yarngeek said...

What is this "gauge swatch" you speak of? I think it is an evil invention created by the zombies to distract us...

Julie said...

I can count on one hand how many times I have done a "guage swatch"

I usually start the project check for my guage once I am into the project.

Holly Bee said...

I really don't know about this gauge swatch thing. I've heard about, but I too was under the impression it was a zombie hoax.

Kate (KnitsInClass) said...

Have you tried blocking it yet? Sometimes a good soak and stretch can do wonders for size. (helped me out of a number of those "gauge swatch" issues)

Bec said...

Panda silk is cursed! That's what I used on my drop stitch scarf. Now I am on my third attempt at making socks with it. Cursed I tell you.

Holly Bee said...

I haven't blocked yet. It's so cute and little, I think I've grown to like it.

Oh, BEC!! I didn't realize that your cursed yarn was panda silk...I would never have attempted this had I known!

Anonymous said...

So many of your knitting adventures could have been written by me...but not as humorously...yet I knit on...and am so glad you do, too... and live to tell about it.

Chloe