Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Updates, but it's still awesome

Remember Iraqi Bundles of Love? Well, here's what we bundled.

Confused by the bundle concept? Well, you put two pieces of ribbon in the bottom of the box, to form an x. Then you put a large piece of fabric on top.

Fill box. Bundle like a baby.

Tie it up, mail it out....RAAAAAWHIDE!
(Of course the Zombie Prom Date Knitters sent 6 yards of Orange Fabric to Iraq!!!)

Ooooh, can you spot your Kidney Kozy in the mix here!


Sure I have to drop them off yet, but every time I go near them I fall asleep. They're just so damn Kozy. I'm going to have to recruit the Ogre. He's got no heart, I think he can resist their power of comfort.


Hark! What is this bowl of fluff floating in space?

If you look close, there's a blue square in with all that lovely hand spun yarn.

Actually, the bowl isn't floating in space, it's on my new hand me down end table!!! Anyway, the blue square is The Hope Lodge Shawl.

Hope Lodge Shawl
See, it real small, blue, in the bowl
Wow, Cancer DOES suck!

So, if anyone has a roughly 10x10 blue square sitting around the house, for the love all things comfy! PLEASE SEND IT TO ME!!! The Wonder Why Gal was the only person who turned one in!! I feel like a schmuck, a schmo, a bunch of schm words that I don't know how to spell.

I will put it together, I will mail it in, just send me your blue square!!

So what's going on now with the Zombie Prom Date Knitters?

  • We are currently meeting Tuesdays at the Koffee Klutch in Galesburg. Lu Ann will treat you right in there!
  • October 10th Vicksburg Historic Society-Fall Festival we have a 12x12 space, bring your knitting, spinning, crocheting, a chair and your sass. We provide the space and sign. Wear your ZPDK shirt.
  • ZOMBIELAND-yes, we are going to go see ZOMBIELAND. I don't know when yet.
I'm sure I'm missing stuff, but really, that's just the next two weeks. There's also the Battle Creek Barnes and Noble Wednesday night once a month thing I always forget, and then Fabrications in Richland knitting also. So....yeah, lot's of knitting to be done!!




8 comments:

Bonnie in Iowa said...

OK, a 10 X 10 blue square. I can do that. Knit or crochet, does the kind of yarn matter, any pattern?? Just let me know the specifics of the project and I will see what I can do. Bonnie

Holly Bee said...

Oh Bonnie!!! Superwash, machine wash, anything that can be washed. Knit or crochet, any pattern, roughly 10x10!

Thank you soooo much!!!!!

xoxoxxoxoxoxoxo and I mean it!!!

Linda said...

Blue huh? *off to search stash*

Jen said...

What time are you meeting on Tuesdays?

Holly Bee said...

Oooops. Tuesdays. Noon until 4, 430ish.

WonderWhyGal said...

My knitting doesn't look so bad when it's in dark light from far away. I can't believe that I'm the only one to turn a square in when we all know it's easier to knit a 10x10 square than a huge kozie, duh ;-)

Keep up with the awesome updates!

tracyb said...

do I still have time to knit a blue square? I will totally start one - after the nm lamb and wool festival of course! It won't be the same without you!

Holly Bee said...

Tracy! You and Meg have to represent for the Zombie Prom Date Knitters!!! Yes, there is still plenty of time for your blue square! Thank you so much!

I'll miss you too!
Holly